Sunday 11 February 2018

The Bread Bible - Potato Buttermilk Bread

I'm putting this up for posterity only because I remember almost nothing about making this bread at the end of last year. I also only have photos of the finished product so there are no clues there either. 

What I do remember was that my loaf wasn't potato flavoured in the way I expected it to be. There is a very small amount of potato flour in proportion to the bread flour in the recipe. I haven't researched potato flour in the US but perhaps it's different to the flour in Australia. I've made a pastry using mashed potato mix (the old Deb variety of school camp nightmares) for a Scandinavian savoury Christmas pie from this book which was absolutely delicious and potato-ey so perhaps that was what I was expecting.

Anyway it made quite a nice looking loaf. I'm still in catch up mode for the Bread Bible Bakers and I've temporarily skipped a couple of things I've made previously but I'll come back to them (because who could resist another excuse to make the delightful Banana Feather Loaf?).


Check out how the other Bread Bible Bakers went with their baking over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment